EA will not promote the update with promotional materials so as to not distract from Black Lives Matter.

Battlefield V's last big content update--the Summer Update--is coming soon, and now developer DICE has shared more details about it. First and foremost, DICE said it will not publish promotional materials or trailers for the new update like it's done in the past so as to not distract from the more important issues in the world today following the murder of George Floyd. [Update: The update is now live on on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and as DICE stated, it has been released without the usual fanfare you'd expect around such a launch.]

Battlefield V PC hra | Nay.sk

"We're otherwise encouraging that we all take notice of what's happening in the United States, as well as other places around the world, and ask how we can all do more, as we must do more," DICE said in a blog post. "Racism should not exist in our society. We stand with all of our African-American / Black colleagues and partners, families and friends, and everyone around the world who is ready to see it end."

DICE is owned by Electronic Arts, which has pledged more than $1 million to organizations including the Equal Justice Initiative and the NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, along with others to be announced. EA will also double-match employee donations.

The Battlefield V Summer Update went live on Thursday, June 4 across PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The update introduces a lot of new content, including two maps, nine weapons, six vehicles, five gadgets, and three types of grenades, all of which are new to Battlefield V.

The update is approximately 8.8 GB on Xbox One, 9.75 GB on PC, and 9 GB on PS4.



The new Al Marj Encampment map is set in Libya, and it's a smaller-scale, infantry-only map for up to 64 players. Its supported modes include Conquest, Breakthrough, Squad Conquest, and Team Deathmatch. 

The second "new" map is an updated version of Provence. "The play area has been extended to include the farm land, and areas around the outskirts of town, bringing tanks into this battlefield on 64-player Conquest, and Breakthrough," DICE said. 

The new weapons include in the Sjögren Shotgun (Support), Chauchat (Support), M3 Infrared (Recon), K31/43 (Recon), Welgun (Medic), M1941 Johnson (Assault), PPK/PPK Suppressed (all classes), M1911 Suppressed (all classes), and the Welrod (all classes). 

The new gadgets are: Doppel-Schuss (Recon), RMN 50 Grenade Launcher (Recon), Pistol Flamethrower (Assault), Shaped Charge (Support), and the Kampfpistole (Support). 

As for the new grenades, these include the Firecracker, Demolition, and Type 99 Mine for all classes. You can see the full Battlefield V Summer Update patch notes below. 

As announced previously, the Summer Update is the final content update for Battlefield V, but DICE will continue to support the game with bug fixes and playlist updates.